9 out of 10 construction projects experience cost overruns, where uncertain ground conditions constitute a key risk factor. We have conceived the following workflow that leverages an approach to reduce ground uncertainty in engineering projects via an end-to-end management and analysis of all the ground info:
1. Conceptual model based on realistic 𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗲𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗯𝗲𝗵𝗮𝘃𝗶𝗼𝗿 in the project area.
2. 𝗦𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗮𝗻𝗮𝗹𝘆𝘀𝗶𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗰𝗲𝗽𝘁 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻𝘀 under different design and ground behavior scenarios.
3. Selection of 𝗾𝘂𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗲𝘀 𝘁𝗼 𝗯𝗲 𝗺𝗲𝗮𝘀𝘂𝗿𝗲𝗱 and their predictions. Definition of course of action according to the observed ground behavior quantities.
4. 𝗥𝗲𝗮𝗹-𝘁𝗶𝗺𝗲 𝗮𝘂𝘁𝗼𝗺𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝗯𝗮𝗰𝗸-𝗮𝗻𝗮𝗹𝘆𝘀𝗶𝘀 of the measured quantities to assess the parameters that characterize real ground behavior and obtain a calibrated model.
5. 𝗦𝗲𝗹𝗲𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝗮 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗿 𝗱𝗲𝘀𝗶𝗴𝗻 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗯𝗮𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘂𝗽𝗱𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗱 𝗴𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝗰𝗼𝗻𝗱𝗶𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀.
6. At each construction phase new predictions are obtained based on the updated parameters to be compared to the observations. This has a cost, delivery time and safety impact.